Thursday, October 18, 2012

Down to 14 days and counting the minutes...

I am not sure what I thought it would be like once we got this close to moving, but I can tell you that things are going more smoothly than I expected (hope I did not just jinx myself)....We close on our house tomorrow, Mark sold his truck yesterday, I finally sold the piano today...and we now have a small storage unit rented to put all of our last earthly possessions into for a while..(just in case...?)

Now, the fun starts...
Trying to pack everything we will need for the next 6 months into just 3 checked suit cases each...(and 1 small carry on and back pack each)...although, we always have the back up plan of Walmart and Costco in Puerto Vallarta...(approx 30 minutes away) ...however, we are going to try and stay away from shopping at the mass merchandise stores at all costs...

Part of our new adventure is going to be to live in a small village/community and utilize the resources in the community...fresh fruits and vegetables (organically grown by the locals), fresh fish/crab/lobster right off the fisherman's boat each evening, small corner Tienda's (local shops) where everything from soup to nuts is sold...(many things homemade)....Friday's Farmer's Market is suppose to be a highlight of living in Sayulita...Can't wait to to browse...

Our new home away from home is going to be "Casa Vista del Pacifico"
http://www.sayulitalife.com/vistadelpacifico

Here will be our view from our terrace (or should I say my office)...where I will be working full time selling Travel/Vacation packages...(nothing will change...same phone number and email address)...the only difference will be where I am sitting while I am working...(my home office in my basement in Caledonia vs my terrace overlooking the infinity pool and Pacific Ocean in Sayulita)...not a bad trade off...?







Stay tuned for more updates..

No comments:

Post a Comment